Learn to Read New Testament Greek
Course text by David Alan Black (Broadman & Holman, 1994)
(Back to Contents)
Present and Future Active Indicative
Paradigm Learning Example
Click here (requires Macromedia Flash Player).
Terms to Note:
- connecting vowel
- future time morpheme
- present active principal part
- future active principal part
- internal subject, external subject
- movable "nu"
- simple present, progressive present, historical present
- gnomic future
- copula, copulative verb
Nuance of Tense
Black (section 22, pg. 19) mentions various uses of the present and future tenses. For a more extensive list of present tense nuances, download the file:
Nuance of Tense in Present Indicative Greek Verbs - pdf / doc
Click in left column to hear the word pairs. Click right areas for word groups.
Download the exercises in pdf (print only) or doc (editable) format.
- Listen to each exercise in Greek; click on the speaker symbol -
- In the text box, type in your English translation of the Greek.
- Check your translation into English; place the mouse on the arrow -